Many women are worried by their thin eyelashes and want to make them thicker.
The thinningis caused by numerous factors such as genetics, age, some medical conditions, nutritional deficiency, eye infections or hormonal changes.
They can also thin out and fall off if you rub your eyes often or go to sleep without removing your makeup after a night out.
In this article we will share to you some home remedies that could help you grow your eyelashes.
We listed below the top 10 home remedies for thicker eyelashes:
1. Aloe Vera – it is a wonderful home remedy that can help you get long, thick eyelashes. It contains several vitamins and nutrients that promote the growth of your lashes. Moreover, it helps keep your eyelashes moisturized
Note: Using a clean, old mascara wand, apply some fresh aloe vera gel on your lashes before going to bed. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with warm water the next morning.
2. Brush Your Eyelashes – brushing your lashes can also help them grow. It will help get rid of dust and dirt particles to prevent clogged pores. Moreover, it will encourage blood circulation so that more nutrients reach the hair follicles.
Note: Put a few drops of vitamin E oil or petroleum jelly on a soft-bristled eyelash brush or comb.
3. Coconut Milk – it is rich in protein and essential fats that can help you enjoy thicker, longer eyelashes. It will also add a beautiful shine to your lashes.
Note: Dip a cotton swab in cold coconut milk and apply it on your eyelashes. Leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
4. Castor Oil – the powerful follicle-stimulating and nourishing castor oil can help you enjoy lustrous and voluminous lashes. It also helps fight micro-organisms that hamper growth.
Note: Use a clean brush or a cotton swab to apply castor oil on your lashes before going to bed. You can also add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the castor oil before applying. Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
5. Egg – the high protein in eggs can help create thicker and longer eyelashes. In addition, it contains biotin and B vitamins that play a major role in improving the overall texture of your lashes.
Note: Beat 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of glycerin until you get a thick, creamy texture.
Dip a cotton swab into this mixture and apply it on your eyelashes.
6. Eyelid Massage – massaging your eyelids promotes the growth of your eyelashes. It improves blood flow to the hair follicles, which means more nutrients reach the follicles. This stimulates hair growth and prevents thinning and breakage of your lashes.
Note: Put a few drops of oil, petroleum jelly or shea butter on your eyelids. Using your fingertips, massage along your lids and lash line in small, circular motions.
7. Lemon Peels – you can also use lemon peels to add volume to your eyelashes. The peels are rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the growth of eyelashes. Also, when infused in olive or castor oil, they will help enhance the cleansing and stimulating properties of the oil.
8. Green Tea – it is another effective home remedy for longer, thicker eyelashes. It is rich in flavonoids that stimulate the growth of your lashes.
Note: Prepare a cup of unsweetened green tea, and set it aside to cool down. Use a cotton swab to apply the green tea on your lashes, from the roots to the tips.
9. Olive Oil – it is a well-known natural remedy for thicker hair growth as well as eyelashes. This oil is rich in vitamin E and oleic acid that nourish and add volume to your eyelashes. It also helps keep the lashes dark.
Note: Dip a clean, old mascara stick or simply a cotton swab in warm olive oil. Before going to bed, apply the oil carefully on your lashes, just as you would apply mascara.
10. Proper Diet – eating a healthy, balanced diet is another important step to enjoy thick eyelashes. Just like the hair on your head, your lashes also need a good supply of vitamins and minerals to help them grow longer, thicker and stronger. Protein and vitamins A, B, C and E as well as iron, zinc, copper, magnesium and selenium are important for hair growth.
You can watch the video below for further explanation and knowledge.
We hope that this brief article is informative to you, share this post so that you can also inform others about this and might help them a lot.
Source: Top 10 Home remedies